Based on a classic, this is one of our favourites for an easy supper. Use chicken breasts, if you prefer.
- Place the chicken thighs in a bowl Add the flour and half the paprika and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss together to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over a high heat. Add the chicken and fry for 3–4 minutes on each side, until browned and crisp. Set aside on a plate.
- Add the onion and pepper to the unwashed pan and fry for 4–5 minutes over a medium heat, until soft. You may need a little more oil. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the purée, tomatoes, wine and stock and bring up to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan with any resting juices, cover, reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, until tender.
- Add the cream and spinach to the pan and stir until wilted. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with the cheese and serve piping hot.
- Can be made up to a day ahead.
- Freezes well.
This recipe is taken from: Cook and Share