Smoked Haddock Bouillabaisse
A wonderful substantial soup, a meal in itself with pesto and garlic bread.
- Heat the butter in a large pan. Add the leek and carrot and fry over high heat and cook for a minute or two. Add potatoes and toss with the leeks and carrot.
- Sprinkle over the flour, cook for a few moments and blend in the stock, slowly at first stirring over the heat and allow to thicken. Season with black pepper (no salt at this stage). Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add haddock and milk to the pan and simmer gently for about 5 minutes until fish is just cooked. Check seasoning and add the dill.
PESTO GARLIC BREAD
- Pre heat the oven to 200C/gas 6 Take a little of the butter about 1 teaspoon a put to one side.
- Combine the remaining butter with the other ingredients together in a small bowl. Slice each baguette into six diagonal slices. Spread the mixture between each slice on both sides and reassemble the loaves on a foil covered baking tray. Spread reserved butter over the top of the loaves. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until the loaves are brown and hot.
This recipe is from: Cook Now Eat Later