Hot-Smoked Salmon Rice And Asparagus Salad
Hot-smoked salmon is like poached salmon but with a smoky flavour – perfect for salads. Alternatively, you could use poached salmon. The lemon dressing and herbs make the salad vibrant and bursting with flavour.
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again.
- Place the rice in a bowl. Add the spring onions, dill and parsley and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Measure all the dressing ingredients into a jug and whisk together well. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the dressing and pour the remainder over the rice. Mix well, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs in a pan of boiling water and cook for 8 minutes for soft boiled. Drain and place in cold water before peeling. Cut each egg into quarters.
- Remove the woody ends from the asparagus. If the spears are thick, cut them in half lengthways. Slice the spears into 5cm lengths, then cook in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again.
- Tip the asparagus into the rice and mix to combine. Spoon into a serving dish and arrange the salmon pieces and egg quarters on top. Sprinkle with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper, then drizzle over the reserved dressing to serve.
- Can be assembled up to 4 hours ahead (including dressing the rice)
- Not suitable for freezing
This recipe is taken from: Cook and Share