Use any left over brandy butter on muffins or as a sponge sandwich filling with added chopped stem ginger or delicious on crumpets.
- Put the butter in a bowl.
- Beat well with a wooden spoon till soft or for speed use an electric hand whisk (and if you use a food processor then there is no need to sieve the icing sugar).
- Beat in both the sugars till smooth, then add the brandy. If you are over generous with the brandy it will curdle so just beat in more sieved icing sugar and it will come smooth again.
- To serve, pile into a small dish.
This recipe is taken from: Christmas Collection (Headline)
- 110g/4oz unsalted butter, softened
- 85g/3oz light muscovado sugar
- 85g/3oz icing sugar, sieved
- 3 tbsp brandy or cognac