A fresh, fairly healthy pasta recipe using bright, colourful vegetables.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C / 425°F / Gas 7.
- Measure the oil into a large poly bag, add the onions and red pepper and season well. Toss together and turn into a large roasting tin and roast in pre-heated oven, turning from time to time, for about 40 minutes, until the vegetables are just done. Add the courgettes after 20 minutes as they take less time to cook.
- Boil the pasta in salted water according to the instructions on the packet, usually about 10 minutes, adding the broccoli and asparagus for the last 3 minutes. Drain and leave in the colander.
- Heat the crème fraiche and pesto in the saucepan, return the pasta and roasted vegetables to the pan and toss together adding some of the Parmesan.
- Serve immediately in a heated dish, sprinkled with the remaining Parmesan.
TO PREPARE AHEAD - the roast vegetables can be roasted well ahead of time, or even the day before, and reheated in a hot oven as you boil the pasta.
TO FREEZE - not suitable.
TO COOK IN THE AGA - roast the onions and red peppers on the floor of the roasting oven for 30 minutes, turning from time to time, until just done. Add the courgettes after 15 minutes.
This recipe is taken from: Cook Now, Eat Later (Headline)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, peeled, halved and sliced thickly
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut in large pieces
- 350g (12oz) small courgettes, thickly sliced
- 350g (12oz) tagliatelle
- 225g (8oz) broccoli florets
- 225g (8oz) asparagus tips
- 3-4 tablespoons pesto, according to taste
- 200ml crème fraiche
- 50g (2oz) freshly grated Parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper