Roasted vegetable risotto
Risottos are popular with everyone, and this version, full of flavour and bright healthy vegetables, is great for vegetarians. Serve hot with fresh salad leaves.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C (180˚C fan/400˚F/Gas 6). Put the squash, onion, aubergine, and pepper into a large roasting tin (two tins for 12) in a single layer.
- Pour over a third of the oil and toss well with your hands. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then sprinkle over the thyme.
- Roast for 30 minutes (35 minutes for 12) or until tender and golden.
- Heat the remaining oil in a deep saucepan, add the rice, then stir in the mushrooms and gradually add the stock (see 'Making a Risotto' below).
- When all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is cooked, stir in the roasted vegetables and half the Parmesan. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and the chives.
IN THE AGA
At step 3, roast on the floor of the roasting oven for 20–30 minutes.
MAKING A RISOTTO
- Heat the oil in a deep pan over a high heat, add the rice, and stir to coat. Add the mushrooms
- Add the hot stock a ladleful at a time. Stir continuously and only add more when it’s been absorbed.
The vegetables can be roasted up to 8 hours ahead. Not suitable for freezing.
This recipe is from: Mary Berry & Lucy Young Cook Up A Feast