Mixed bean salad
Grab that tin of beans from the back of your store cupboard and whip up this simple salad.
Each serving provides 107kcal, 3g protein, 8g carbohydrate (of which 2g sugars), 6g fat (of which 1g saturates), 4g fibre and 0.1g salt.
- Put all the salad ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl or jug until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, season well with salt and pepper and toss together.
The salad will keep, covered, in the fridge for 2–3 days, in fact this will allow the flavours to develop.
This recipe is taken from: Mary Berry's Absolute Favourites
For the salad
- 1 x 400g tin mixed bean salad, drained and rinsed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, deseeded and finely diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley