Baked salmon with parmesan & parsley crust
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Season both sides of the salmon fillets and place on a greased baking sheet or roasting tin.
- Mash the cream cheese with the garlic, salt and pepper and lemon rind. Divide into six and spread on top of each salmon fillet. Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley in a small bowl and season. Sprinkle on top of the cream cheese mixture and dust with paprika.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. To tell when the salmon is done, it will have changed from translucent to an opaque pink.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley.
This recipe is from: Mary Berry's New Aga Cookbook
- 6 x 150g/5oz salmon fillets, skinned
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g/6oz cream cheese
- small clove garlic, crushed
- ½ lemon, grated rind only
- 25g/1oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- 25g/1oz fresh, coarsely grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish paprika