Trout and Watercress Pâté
A quick and easy cold first course, full of flavour and colour. Smoked trout comes as fillets in vacuum packets.
- Measure the butter, cream cheese, horseradish and lemon juice into a processor. Whiz until smooth.
- Remove any tiny bones and the skin from the trout, discard and break the flesh into pieces, add to the processor. Add the Tabasco, watercress and season with pepper and whiz again until just blended.mSpoon into a bowl.
- Arrange lambs lettuce on six individual plates. Peel and core the pears and cut each pear into four equal slices lengthways. Arrange three pear quarters per plate in a star shape on top of the lettuce. Spoon a good tablespoon of the pate into the centre of each plate and garnish with a wedge of lemon.
- Spoon over the dressing and serve with toast or melba toast.
PREPARING AHEAD - The paté can be made up to the end of step 3 up to two days ahead. Not suitable for freezing.
This recipe is taken from: Mary Berry & Lucy Young Cook Up A Feast (Dorling Kindersley)
- 100g (4oz) soft butter
- 175g (6oz) full fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon creamed horseradish from a jar
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 300g (10oz) trout fillets
- A few drops of Tabasco
- 25g (1oz) fresh watercress plus more for garnish
- Lambs lettuce
- 6 ripe pears
- Wedges of lemon to garnish
- 6 tablespoons French dressing