If you like the traditional sesame seed flavour of hummus, simply add three tablespoons of tahini paste to the mixture. You could also add four tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves for an aromatic flavour.
This hummus provides 139 kcal, 5g protein, 10g carbohydrate (of which 0.6g sugars), 9g fat (of which 1.5g saturates), 3.5g fibre and 0.5g salt per portion.
SERVES 8 AS PART OF A SHARING PLATTER
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor with two tablespoons of hot water and blend until smooth.
- Season, to taste, and serve chilled.
This recipe is taken from: Mary Berry Cooks
- 2 x 400g/14oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, zest and juice only
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- a good pinch ground cumin
- plenty of ground black pepper and salt