Hoisin Duck Filo Baskets
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC/Gas 6 and grease two 12-hole mini muffin tins.
- Heat a small frying pan until hot. Brush the duck breast with a little oil and season well. Brown in the pan until sealed and golden on both sides. Place on a baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Leave to rest and then slice into tiny thin slices.
- Meanwhile, brush two sheets of the filo pastry with melted butter and place one on top of the other. Slice 6 strips down and 4 strips across to make 24 squares (each square will have two layers of pastry). Place one square over another at an angle to make a star shape and then press this into the mini muffin tin (by now you should have four layers of pastry). Continue until all the squares have been used (this will make 12 tartlet cases). Repeat with the remaining sheets of filo.
- Bake the cases in the oven for about 12 minutes until lightly golden brown and crisp. Leave to cool.
- Put a little hoisin sauce in the base of each case, top with duck, cucumber and spring onions. Spoon a small blob of hoisin sauce on top.
- Serve warm.
AGA: Cook the duck and the pastry on the floor of the Roasting Oven for about 10 minutes
PREPARING AHEAD: Can be made up to 8 hours ahead and warmed to serve. The cooked filo cases freeze well in an airtight container.
TIP: Hoisin sauce can be bought easily in supermarkets in the oriental section – it usually comes in a bottle or sachet.
This recipe is taken from: Christmas Collection