Cinnamon spiced quince compote
This spicy quince is best served warm; it is delicious with vanilla ice cream or lovely as a filling for pancakes or easy to serve just with cream or natural yoghurt.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the quince and gently fry in the butter.
- Sprinkle over the 100g of sugar, gently stir until dissolved and simmer for about 8-10 minutes until the quince are soft.
- Add the sultanas and cinnamon and toss over the heat.
- Serve warm or leave in the fridge until needed. Reheat gently to serve warm, see introduction.
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 750g (1 1/2lb) quinces, peeled, cored and diced into small cubes
- 100g (4oz) light muscovado sugar
- 40g (1 1/2oz) sultanas
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon