Apricot Brioche Tart
A wonderfully quick and easy tart which is good with pears. If I was giving a star rating to this recipe I would give 10 out of 10.
- Pre-heat oven 180C/160Fan/Gas 4
- Lightly grease a shallow ovenproof, sided dish (about 28cm / 11 inches diameter).
- Lightly whisk the egg and caster sugar together in a bowl. Add the mascarpone and whisk again until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Arrange the brioche slices as neatly as possible in a single layer on the greased ovenproof dish to completely cover the base. Trim the brioche slices as necessary to fit. Spread the mascarpone mixture over the brioche slices to about 1 cm (½ inch) away from the edge. (You don’t have to be accurate about this!)
- Arrange the apricot halves neatly in a spiral over the mascarpone right to the edge of the brioche. Sprinkle the demerara sugar over the apricots. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 30 –35 mins until the custard is set and golden.
- Serve immediately with crème fraiche and dust with icing sugar.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 250g (9 oz) tub mascarpone cheese
- about 225g (8 oz) brioche slices, about 1 cm ( ½ inch) thick, taken from a brioche loaf
- 2 x 400g (14 oz) cans apricot halves, drained
- about 4 tablespoons demerara sugar