Chocolate chip drops
These are an ideal gift for children to make when a visit to Granny is imminent, and they are only too happy to help eat them up! Best packed in a plastic bag firmly tied with ribbon.
Makes about 34 chocolate chip drops
- Heat the oven to 350C, 180C, gas mark 4.
- Well grease 3 baking sheets.
- Place the margarine, sugars, egg and flour in a bowl and beat well together, until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the mixture in teaspoonfuls well spaced on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until a pale golden brown.
- Leave to cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes and then leave to cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight tin.
- 4oz (100g) soft margarine
- 2oz (50g) caster sugar
- 2oz (50g) soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6oz (175g) self raising flour
- 6oz (175g) chocolate chips